The Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce in concert with the UNCW Entrepreneurship Center are now accepting nominations for the 7th Annual Pleasure Island Entrepreneur of the Year
Last year’s recipient was Ea Ruth and Anne Brodsky of Palm Air Realty. In 2012, this prestigious award was won by Michael and Shelley McGowan of Michael’s Seafood Restaurant. In 2011 the award was won by Duke and Tracee Hagestrom, owner of Wheel Fun Rental, The Fudgeboat & Krazy Kones; the 2010 award winners were Janet and Mike Hoffer, owners of Snow’s Cut Media, Jackie Oakes, owner of Coastal K9 Bakery was the 2009 award winner and Roxanne Thompson, owner of Island Florals by Roxanne was our inaugural winner in 2008.
The Award will be presented on May 23rd at an official Awards breakfast at UNCW’s Burney Center located on the UNCW Campus
To qualify for nomination, the business owner must:
- Have an aggressive and focused entrepreneurial spirit
- Be effective and efficient in the recognition and implementation of change
- Have experienced, rapid and significant business growth
- Demonstrate innovativeness in their business
- Display active community engagement and involvement
All nominations must be submitted by 12:00 noon on March 29th, 2012, in writing to: Greg Reynolds, Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce, Carolina Beach, NC 28428 or by email to: email@example.com. For more information call 910-458-8434.