April 1, 2011

Vistor Revenues on Pleasure Island are Rising

Marketing committee discusses local publicity options as Tourism Season Approaches
Lumina News
March 31, 2011

The Wrightsville Beach Marketing Advisory Committee met March 24 to discuss website and public relations issues. Members agreed to spend about $900 to make the website mobile-friendly and also heard that visitor revenues were rising...

The room occupancy tax revenues for January were reported as having risen 3.3 percent for Wrightsville Beach, 5.7 percent for Carolina Beach, 9.6 percent for Kure Beach and 13.29 percent for New Hanover County. For the fiscal year to date, Wrightsville Beach was up 9.95 percent and the county was up 8.21 percent.

Per the New Hanover County website, 3 percent of the tax is distributed with 60 percent going towards beach nourishment and the remaining 40 percent towards tourism.

http://www.luminanews.com/article.asp?aid=7949&iid=266&sud=30
Photo Credit: Carolina Beach Courtyard Marriott
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...