Aquanauts, Detectives, Explorers, and Crusaders Trained At North Carolina Aquarium
By Amy Kilgore, Public Relations Coordinator
Kure Beach, NC - Are you wondering what your kids are going to do for this summer? The NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher has a great idea: summer camp!
Aquarium summer camps provide fun and safe learning opportunities with knowledgeable and competent leadership. Camps run simultaneously for ages 5-6 or Aquanauts, 7-9 or Marine Detectives, 10-12 or Ocean Explorers and 13-14 or Coastal Crusaders.
Diverse summer camps themes include:
* Sensational Senses: campers discover how their senses help animals survive.
* Circles of Life: campers discover how animals are born, reproduce, and return their resources to the planet.
* Junior Naturalist: campers learn basic observation skills and gain an appreciation of what nature has to offer.
* Animal Keepers: Campers get a glimpse of the work required to provide proper animal care.
* Coastal Crusaders: Campers gain a better understanding of how to investigate and preserve the environment we all share.
Summer camp fees for Aquanauts, Marine Detectives, and Ocean Explorers are $180 for NC Aquarium Society members or multiple- siblings and $200 for individual campers. Coastal Crusaders is $225 for NC Aquarium Society members or multiple- siblings and $250 for individual campers. For more information please contact the NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher at 910-458-7468 or visit www.ncaquariums.com/fort-fisher/programs/summer-camp.
NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher is located just south of Kure Beach, near the mouth of the Cape Fear River, on U.S. 421. The site is less than a mile from the Fort Fisher ferry terminal. Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily (closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day). Admission: $8 adults; $7 seniors; $6 ages 6-17. Free admission for: children under 6; registered groups of N.C. school children, and NC Aquarium Society members. General information: www.ncaquariums.com.
900 Loggerhead Road, Kure Beach, NC 28449 * (910) 458-8257 * Fax: (910) 458-6812
Photo Credit: Detective Turtle