Some of the initiatives being pursued for Phase II of this year:
• Thursday Night concert series all summer long (to compliment the evening fireworks)
• Additional landscaping with a possible fountain feature near the mural.
• Landscaped lighting throughout the area including all coves and the mural area
• Additional Adirondack chairs throughout
• Continued painting of boardwalk structures and touch ups as necessary
• For the month of July, there is hope to testbed a new Tuesday night family fun program which would include bouncy slide rides, bungee, climbing wall, clowns, jugglers, face painting, games, cartoon videos and more.
As you can see, the Boardwalk Group is moving forward with many new ideas but they can't do it alone. They need the support of Town Council, businesses, volunteers and of course, cash donations wouldn't hurt either ;-) If you look at what they did last year with a limited budget, we can only imagine what they will be able to pull of this year!
Kudos to everyone involved and we look forward to seeing you build upon the successes of last year.
To learn how you can help or to keep up with this summer's boardwalk events, visit their website: www.boardwalkmakeover.org/