The Towns of Carolina and Kure Beach have put out a Request for Proposals for the operation of an Island trolley system. Proposals will be accepted up until 4:00pm on 11/24/08.
The Island municipalities are interested in the feasibility of operating an Island-wide trolley system during the primary tourist season (May-August).
The trolley would sevice the following locations:
• Food Lion
• Marriott Courtyard at Carolina Beach
• Carolina Beach Boardwalk
• Specific points of interest in Carolina and Kure Beach
• Specific beach accesses along Fort Fisher Boulevard
• Kure Beach Ocean Front Park
• Kure Beach Fishing Pier
• Fort Fisher State Park
• Fort Fisher Museum
• NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher
• Fort Fisher Ferry
If it is feasible, the plan is to have the trolleys operational for the 2009 Summer season.